The Winter storm that has gripped the United States this week will likely go in the books as the largest insured loss event ever to hit Texas. As a company, we were prepared. We remain prepared to serve our customers, and pay our claims.
Duty to preserve
If you believe a home has frozen pipes, please help us preserve that property. We recommend you hire a qualified technician BEFORE THE THAW to:
- Turn off the water at the meter
- Flip the water heater breaker to off
- Open all water outlets in the home
- Drain the water heater
- Make sure you flush the toilets one more time
- Turn off the electricity at the main disconnect if you’ve had flooding.
- Remove any water from the home
- Protect undamaged areas from damage
- Place drying devices and/or humidity control devices in the home
Loss Of Rent
If your property is not inhabitable, remember, you have loss of rents coverage. We recommend you tell your tenants they can seek other living arrangements and we recommend you prorate their rent. Personally, I plan to offer to let my tenants out of their leases. The contractor backlog and material shortages are going to be very painful.
Receipts, Pictures, and Video
Please save every receipt. Please take a picture of everything. Please video when you can. We are going to work hard to cover your costs.
We’ve been in constant communication with our insurers and reinsurers. We know extra adjusters are on their way to the impacted areas. Just like Hurricane Harvey, this will take time. We believe the timeline below is what we will be able to adhere to:
- An adjuster should be able to visit your property and complete the initial claim review within 2-4 weeks after you file a claim.
- Your first check should arrive within 2-4 weeks after the adjuster finishes the paper work.This check will be for the amount of the claim, less your deductible.
- You’ll notice the claim will also include depreciation. This depreciation is “recoverable” since we only provide replacement cost policies.
- After you complete your renovation, you will submit all of your final receipts and bills.
- Our claims department will process your claim, and you’ll be sent a final check for the recovered depreciation and any supplemental damages with 2-4 weeks from submission.
Filing a claim
- Click on the claim form below.
- Enter the requested information and click “SUBMIT” at the bottom of the form.
- The required additional information can be attached to the online form, scanned and emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to 877-837-2066.
If you have any questions please call our claims department at 972-855-3585. Claim Form: Property-Loss-Form-Mortgage_FillableDownload
Communication Is Key
Our partner, Arcana, is doing a great job helping our customers. Please copy firstname.lastname@example.org on all communication. We are here to help.